8.19.2009

Sugar High!

Last night, I had a wonderful time celebrating my bday! Mason and I went to dinner at Trulucks, which was absolutely delish! It is Restaurant Week in Dallas so we were treated to a fab 4-course meal. They definitely went a little overboard with the desserts though. Mason and I each got a HUGE piece of cake that came with our prix-fixe menu options. Then, they proceeded to give me a chocolate mousse tart with rasberry sauce for my birthday AND a box of chocolate truffles! Seriously, it was ridiculous! I was embarassed by the absurd amount of desserts that were sitting on our table! :)Then when I got home, my Mom and sister brought over a box of Sprinkles Cupcakes! OMG people, I am going to gain 20 lbs in 2 days!!!! AND to top it off, Pokey-O's (a yummy ice cream shop located right next to SMU) is coming to my office building today and they are giving out free ice cream, sandwiched between two of their delicious homemade cookies... this is going to take some serious will power!!! Especially since I already ate a cupcake for breakfast - yikes! ;) Anyway, after dinner I finally opened all of my birthday presents. Mason had been begging me for days to open my present from him, but I am the type of person who likes to save all of my birthday presents and open them together in one grand present-opening session! I finally put Mason out of his misery and opened his gift. Look at what he got me!!!!! : Isn't it beautiful? It is a Marc Jacobs black handbag that he picked out all by himself! I am so proud of him for doing such a good job!! Love him!

My family also did a great job with the presents this year... I pretty much got every single thing that I had asked for. Pink iPod nano (check), iPod speaker dock (check), mirror from Z Gallerie (check), "Influence" book by the Olsens (check), running shorts (check) and a few other things as well! I am such a lucky girl! The only thing I didn't get was the scale - haha, prob a good thing...I need to wait at least a week or two before I start weighing myself with all of these desserts lurking around! Thanks to everyone for a memorable 25th bday! XOXO!

2 comments:

  1. you are seriously one lucky girl! spoiled ;)
    your desserts look ohsoyummy!!!
    i've now got a sweet tooth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously....that is a lot of cake on your table! WOW. Love the Marc!

    ReplyDelete