8.24.2009

Engagement Parties, Baseball Games & Beauty Pageants

Mason and I headed back to Houston this weekend to attend Brian (one of his best friends from high school) and Kendl's engagement party! We had a good time hanging out with Mason's old high school buddies and Mase and Cameron both found out that they are going to be groomsmen in the wedding. So fun! :)
{Some good 'ol fashioned "shot gunning" to get the party started...}
{Lezlie and I at the engagment party...}
{The Happy Couple - Kendl & Brian}

After we got back to Dallas last night, Mason, Cameron and I headed out to the Frisco Rough Riders game (Dallas' minor league baseball team). Mason's company had hooked us up with front row seats, free dinner and free beer & wine. Can't beat that. It was a pretty good end to the weekend...even though I dropped a bbq rib all down the front of my dress - classy... ;)
After the game we all went home and watched Heidi Montag's incredible performance (that's some Monday morning sarcasm for you all in case you can't tell ;) at the Miss Universe pageant.
I was sad that Miss Venezuela won. I really thought Costa Rica had it in the bag... oh well. The best part was when the former Miss Universe tried to crown Miss Venezuela and accidently dropped the crown - ha, whoops... :)



Anyway, it's back to school time as of today and I am a little pouty that I am still sitting in an office and not in a classroom....sigh.... I'm very ready to start subbing!!! I'm still waiting to hear back from the two school districts I want to work for... it is taking about 3 weeks to do background checks... Hope you all had a great weekend and are enjoying the final days of summer! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great pics from this past weekend. Thank you for the sweet words in your comment. It really means a lot to hear such kind words from my blogger friends. I'm really thinking hard about what I want to do with my life. I like your idea of pursuing a new hobby. I have been looking into taking enrichment classes at a college around here. They have some cool stuff.


    I know it's such a long process with the background check and approval. I hope you love it when you get in the classroom. I wish you were here, and I'd let you come play teacher with my kiddos. They're precious, and I've actually let one of my friends come in and do that to try out teaching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend! I love the dress you have on in the party pics!

    ReplyDelete