- Didn't get the teaching job. Great, back to square one.
- Called one of the school districts I applied to substitute at to make sure they FINALLY have all of my information. Yes, they do. Now I can attend orientation on Nov. 4. Oh as in TWO MONTHS FROM NOW, Nov. 4th? Grrrreat. Sign me up!
- Called the other school district I had applied to sub for to see what the status was. They had told me it'd prob take about 3 weeks to run my background check. It has now been 4 1/2 weeks. "Just be patient", they tell me, "we received over 500 sub applications". Grrrreat.
- Then, I go to Region 10 yesterday evening to take a class called Effective Science Practices which I have to take for my Gen 4-8 certification. As class is starting, I overhear a few people talking about how there are practically NO subbing jobs to be had in any of the districts bc they have all been bombarded by wanna-be teachers trying to get in the biz or used-to-be teachers who have lost their jobs. Grrrreatttttttt! WTF am I supposed to do now? Keep my job? Quit my job? Jump off a bridge????
- Then after class I drive about 20 mins out of my way to Hobby Lobby to buy some picture frames (Mason's parents are visiting our place for the first time ever this weekend and I am trying to snazzy the place up a bit). When I get there it is closed. It closed 10 mins ago. Grrreeaaattttttttttttttttttt.
- My mom calls. She took one of our cats to the vet, because he has been losing weight and appears to be sick. Well he has a mass in his intestines and needs to be put to sleep this week. :(
- Finally get home after a shitty day. Mason is as sick as a dog. I can't even vent to him about my horrid day, because he is too busy spewing germs all over our apt. And I can't take care of him bc I have class again tonight. Luckily, I don't feel sick at all. Yet. I'm sure it's just a matter of time though, bc that is just what kind of a week this is.
Today has GOT to be a better day than yesterday was. I mean COME ON!!!
PS: Just tried to upload a cute little picture of a man with an umbrella in the pouring rain to add to this post. AND IT WON'T WORK!!!! :(
PPS: Sorry for being such a Negative Nancy. Just had to get it out of my system. I'll try and be Positive Pamela by tomorrow! ;)