9.09.2009

Time to Get Out the Umbrella

Why is it that when it rains it pours? No, not pours. Monsoons! This week has been just plain awful...

  • Didn't get the teaching job. Great, back to square one.

  • Called one of the school districts I applied to substitute at to make sure they FINALLY have all of my information. Yes, they do. Now I can attend orientation on Nov. 4. Oh as in TWO MONTHS FROM NOW, Nov. 4th? Grrrreat. Sign me up!

  • Called the other school district I had applied to sub for to see what the status was. They had told me it'd prob take about 3 weeks to run my background check. It has now been 4 1/2 weeks. "Just be patient", they tell me, "we received over 500 sub applications". Grrrreat.

  • Then, I go to Region 10 yesterday evening to take a class called Effective Science Practices which I have to take for my Gen 4-8 certification. As class is starting, I overhear a few people talking about how there are practically NO subbing jobs to be had in any of the districts bc they have all been bombarded by wanna-be teachers trying to get in the biz or used-to-be teachers who have lost their jobs. Grrrreatttttttt! WTF am I supposed to do now? Keep my job? Quit my job? Jump off a bridge????

  • Then after class I drive about 20 mins out of my way to Hobby Lobby to buy some picture frames (Mason's parents are visiting our place for the first time ever this weekend and I am trying to snazzy the place up a bit). When I get there it is closed. It closed 10 mins ago. Grrreeaaattttttttttttttttttt.

  • My mom calls. She took one of our cats to the vet, because he has been losing weight and appears to be sick. Well he has a mass in his intestines and needs to be put to sleep this week. :(

  • Finally get home after a shitty day. Mason is as sick as a dog. I can't even vent to him about my horrid day, because he is too busy spewing germs all over our apt. And I can't take care of him bc I have class again tonight. Luckily, I don't feel sick at all. Yet. I'm sure it's just a matter of time though, bc that is just what kind of a week this is.

Today has GOT to be a better day than yesterday was. I mean COME ON!!!

PS: Just tried to upload a cute little picture of a man with an umbrella in the pouring rain to add to this post. AND IT WON'T WORK!!!! :(

PPS: Sorry for being such a Negative Nancy. Just had to get it out of my system. I'll try and be Positive Pamela by tomorrow! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Vent away doll! My entire month of august was liken to your day yesterday. I hope it gets better for you!! So far, September is looking up for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry at all. Like R.Wallis said- vent away! Your week sounds like it has been a trying one and getting some things off of your chest sounds like a good solution at this point. I really hope the job search becomes easier, that you get a subbing position, and you don't get sick [plus, I hope Mason feels better]. I am so sorry to hear about your cat, that's such horrible news. Sending hugs your way for a better day and end to the week. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you have been having a rough week :( I hope things turn around soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH no! I totally understand what you're going through, and I know how frustrated you must feel. So many people are looking for jobs now, and it's crazy. I can tell that you're being really proactive though about all of this, and that's exactly the way you have to be to get anywhere. Your persistence HAS GOT to pay off eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete