11.04.2009

Ch-Ch-Changes!

It's already November!? My, oh my... how the time flies! The arrival of November means the shortening of our days (aka Daylight Savings) and let me just tell you how motivating that is for my workout regimen. Um, yeah...it's not. I've been trying my best to avoid carbs to counteract my laziness, but that really hasn't been going to plan either. Oh well! Lucky for me, Daylight Savings Season is also Big Bulky Sweater Season! ;) Aside from changing our clocks, Mason and I have also made a change to our weekly routine. We are trying to implement "date night" into our Mon-Thurs schedule. I mean we definitely have date nights and do plenty of things together on the weekends, but during the week we are pretty much each in our respective areas of the apartment doing our own thing. Mason in the living room watching football, basketball, baseball, tennis, golf (basically anything involving a ball and scoring points)... while I am in our bedroom watching Gossip Girl, Glee, 90210 (and basically any sitcom featuring a corny high school plot ;). Oh sure, we have a little "How was your day?" chit chat after work and eat dinner together, but after that we pretty much part ways until bedtime. This week we decided we should try and dedicate at least one week night evening to each other and spend time together, in the same room, talking and enjoying each other's company! Such a novel idea I know... So last night was Date Night #1. It started off a little bumpy with me burning our dinner, then getting denied at Blockbuster because we had returned a movie earlier in the week without the DVD inside of it, then once we got home from our 2nd trip to Blockbuster our movie skipped (without us realizing it) and went straight to the end, spoiling the whole ending. But what matters is that we had an awful night TOGETHER! :) Haha, let's hope our next attempt at a week day Date Night goes a little more smoothly!

5 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! :) I'm glad you're staying so positive, too, after a pretty up and down first try. :) Hope next week is a bit smoother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no!! i hope your next date night is much better! i think it's a great idea you two are trying to make time to hang out during the week. date nights are always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about the exercise deal! I am being bad about eating and just sleeping..Why must I pack on the winter weight? It's nasty. I'm so afraid to get on the scale

    Oh, I think that is a super sweet idea about the date night. You two must get along so well. I'm super jealous. Did you start subbing yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing the no carbs thing to combate my laziness too. It's hard on the weekends but I have been doing ok during the week.

    I love the idea of having a date night but K doesn't get home until 8 then we just eat and watch tv. Maybe when he is done with law school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we do the EXACT same thing on most weeknights, separate rooms of the apartment...doing our own thing. i think instituting a "date" night is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete