10.20.2009

Some Like It Hot

I'm not sure what it is, but lately I have been craving some heat, and I don't mean temperature (although I have been turning on the heater in my car all week long ;). I'm talking spicy foods. I have always been a fan of milder flavors, but lately I have been snacking on things like wasabi peas and jalapenos. Oh and I have started to like buffalo sauce (eww), which I have always thought was waaaaay disgusting. Are my taste buds still changing or is living with Mason (self admitted jalapeno and buffalo wing addict) rubbing off on me?? Apparently, as we age our taste buds begin to disappear from the roof and sides of our mouth, leaving taste buds mostly on the tongue. The remaining taste buds eventually become less sensitive. Grrreat... someone pass me the tabasco sauce! ;)

4 comments:

  1. ohh I LOVE spicy!! seriously. LOVE IT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never used to like spicy foods either but i think my tastebuds have matured and now like it HOT ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spicy foods! If I could only eat spicy food I would be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to handle the spicy food because I really love them, but I end up just drinking TONS of water.

    ReplyDelete