3.26.2010

friday.

Hi friends! Sorry that I have been such a blogger dud this week. I have just been busy, lazy and am still adjusting to the new daylight savings time and also my non-spring break schedule. The two combined have really messed with my sleep schedule! Anyway...

Wednesday I had my interview with the principal at my school! It went GREAT! I am usually so nervous about interviews, because I feel like I am not a great interviewer, but I had really good answers to all of his questions and he agreed. He told me that he did not have a definite math opening at this point in time, but that if he did then he and I would be having a much more serious conversation. Which means, if one opens up (which, fingers crossed, hopefully the teacher I am long-term subbing for wont be coming back), then I more or less will get the job! So let's hope it works out that way! Regardless, I was just so happy that it went so well! :)

In other school news, please keep the Burke family in your prayers... Officer Burke is our school police officer. He and his wife welcomed a baby girl into their family in December. I even got to meet their sweet baby one day when his wife brought her to school for a visit in February. On Wednesday afternoon, Officer Burke got a phone call at school from their babysitter informing him that their baby was not breathing. By the time he got home, the paramedics had not been able to revive their sweet little girl and she died...they think from SIDS. Such a tragedy!!! Such a reminder of how precious life is and how short it can be!

Ok so maybe I should have started with the bad news and then ended with the good so that this post wasn't such a downer...Oh well. I hope that you all have a great, relaxing weekend! XOXO!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad the interview went well...hopefully you'll get a job!

    I'm sorry to hear about the little girl :( So very sad.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's terrible to hear about the baby. My best friends son died of SIDS too. It was so heartbreaking. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you about that interview. If that school doesn't work out, hopefully something else will. Now you have experience for your resume that will help you! Have fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats terrible about the poor little baby, life is so delicate and fragile. but I hope that school works out for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How horrible about the baby :( But, on a positive note that is great about your interview! Hope you are having a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete