6.13.2010

Splish, Splash, Rise and Shine

Another sweltering weekend in Dallas, TX. The only way to beat the heat is to hang out in or around a pool. The sun is my best friend right now as I try and recover my splotchy tan job thanks to my most recent peeling session, ewww!

Anyway, so Saturday afternoon we made our way to our friend CJ's house for his annual pool party and also to watch the World Cup....well I was more interested in the pool part, but GO USA!! ;)
After we caught a few rays and mingled with friends we went to dinner at Manny's Mexican Restaurant, which I'm pretty sure neither Mason or I really remember much of. Those cocktails go straight to your head on 100 degree days!! Needless to say we were crashed out by 8PM! ;) Party. Animals.

So not too much going on this lazy Sunday, except my latest hobby... baking bread!!! Mason's mom gave me the starter mix to use to make my own batch of bread, so Mase and I went to the store today to get all of the ingredients. I mixed the starter with a few things and right now I am in the process (an 8-15 hour long process) of waiting for it to rise so that I can start baking!
I am obsessed right now! I literally go check it every 20 minutes to smell it's delicious sweet aroma and also to measure how much it has grown! It's like a science project! A yummy one at that! Tomorrow I actually get to bake it, and it's going to make 4 loaves, plus I'll still have the 1 cup starter amount left over so I can keep baking bread again and again! Hey, this just might turn into a business! ;) I'll let you know how the baking goes maƱana! Hope you all had a good weekend!

4 comments:

  1. its so hot in cali too!! lucky for me I love the heat :) looks like you are having a fun time!! I love to bake bread! I love the smell throughout the house from it!! I don't make it enough though, one for the time it takes and two I could totally balloon from eating way to much bread hahah!! Have a nice rest of the weekend lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hot down here in Georgia too! Can't wait to hear how the bread turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a pretty swimsuit with all the ruffles. Hope your bread is yummy. I've been eating like a pig and fear I'm blowing up from it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! I'm jealous of your pool party AND bread baking. I have always wanted to get into the routine of baking my own bread... it sounds like fun, plus you cannot beat homemade bread. Please let us know how it turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete