6.27.2010

My Weekend (in vowels)

Would you like to buy a vowel?

A
A glass of Chardonnay to start the weekend - Ok, so a glass of Chard kicks off most of my weekends, but this weekend my sweetie brought home a bottle from the store without even being asked to.
AND he brought home some scallops and bacon, so we could make bacon-wrapped scallops! A favorite meal in this house, that we don't indulge in too often! Delish!

E
Enchanted - Have you guys watched this movie?
It's about a fairy tale cast (Patrick Dempsey, Amy Adams and Susan Sarandon) uprooted from the comforts of story book land and placed in present day New York.
Definitely not an Academy Award winner, but a pretty cute movie if you have nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon (as I clearly did not).

Edward Scissorhands - I have never seen this movie either! I DVRed it this afternoon though and plan to watch it tonight.
I am on a movie watching kick today I guess..

I
Iron burn - While ironing my outfit Saturday morning, I tried to go around the iron (instead of over) to straighten a crease (stupidly) and knicked my forearm against the scalding hot iron! :( Now I have an ugly looking burn mark on my arm! Eww!

O
OMG, Best Thing You Ever Put In Your Mouth! - I found a recipe on a fellow blogger's website that she got from The Pioneer Woman's website (Do you all follow her? I just found out about her blog... A-mazing!). Anyway, the recipe was for Chocolate Cobbler! Ugh, to die for! And I had all of the ingredients on hand so I decided to make a little dessert to go with dinner! Yes... 4th of July is coming up. Yes, I have a very important boat party to attend....BUT I have been a good girl and have been working out EVERY DAY, so a little Cobbler won't kill me! ;)

Here are some pics of the finished product...
Even more delicious with a side of vanilla ice cream! Yummm!

U
USA - lost! :(
Mason and I met a few peeps at a local bar to watch the US play Ghana...yawn! It was a pretty boring game.
I even went next door to Stein Mart (during the game) to kill some time (there weren't many options nearby). A dedicated soccer fan I am not. Players running back and forth for an hour and a half with only 2 goals being scored in that time is not my idea of entertainment. Please God do not let me have children who want to play soccer! ;)

So as you can tell, it was a pretty eventful weekend. Umm, not really.... but a fairly relaxing one at least! We need to save our energy for the 4th! Hope your weekend was Awesome, Exciting, Interesting, Outrageous and Unique! Ok, I'm beating this vowel themed post to death! I'll stop now. :) Adios friends!

6 comments:

  1. I love Enchanted! It's such a cute movie and I love singing along to all the songs :) Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Enchanted and Edward Scissorhands (even though the latter used to scare me when I was little, haha!)

    That Chocolate Cobbler looks insane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post! Enchanted is such a cute movie!! And most of my weekends are kicked off with a glass of wine as well... so relaxing after a long week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower! Loved the vowel post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute post! I love Enchanted too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. left you an award http://www.kellysavenue.com/2010/06/blog-award_29.html

    ReplyDelete