2.12.2010

Snowed In

It snowed in Dallas yesterday and it didn't just snow. It SNOWED!! The most snow in the history of Dallas! About a foot of snow in some areas! So of course, school was cancelled today....which was a little bittersweet for me since I get paid by the day. Oh well. The kids were INSANE on Thursday, having never seen so much snow in their lives, so it's probably for the best that they stayed home on Friday! Mason and I enjoyed sleeping in and not having to go to work. We were quite literally snowed in as a few of the trees, including one giant one in the back of our condo complex, fell over and blocked the path to our cars! I guess the fraile little Dallas trees aren't used to the weight of ice and snow.

Here are a few more pictures of the snow around our place.
Mason and I drove to go get some lunch this afternoon and as I looked out the window I go, "Oh my God! A naked lady!!!" Mason, nearly crashed the car and was all "Where!? Where!?" Much to his disappointment it was only a nude snow-woman.
I wasn't too thrilled about his enthusiasm over seeing a "naked woman", since hours later I dropped him off at the airport, where he was Austin-bound for one of his pledge brother's bachelor parties. Let's hope that was the first and only "naked" woman he sees this weekend. ;) And who schedules a bachelor party over Valentine's weekend anyway!?! So, I am sitting here bored, snowed in, with not enough wine and I just ran out of M&M's... *sigh* He soo owes me one!

Hope your Valentine's weekends are splendid and full of LOVE and WARMTH! XOXO :)

3 comments:

  1. That is weird that they scheduled the party on this weekend.

    We were out of school today for the same reason! It was so nice to sleep in. It looks like y'all had about the same amount as we had. The naked snow lady is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad yall got some snow too! That naked snow lady is crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha that naked snow lady is hilarious! who makes one of those?

    ReplyDelete