6.02.2011

Last Day

Tomorrow is the last day of my first year of teaching.
Overall it was a great year.
I had a great team of teachers to work with.
I befriended many of my colleagues throughout the year.
My students TAKS test scores were pretty good.
I was asked to be the 7th grade cheer sponsor.
I was asked to be the new team leader of my team.
I just got an email today from our Asst. Principal asking if I would be apart of a committee next year to come up with ways of improving student discipline (chosen as one of only 6 teachers at my school).
I had some annoying students that I did not enjoy having in class.
But I had even more students that I did love having.
And best of all... I was rehired for next year! :)
So in a nutshell... I am very happy with my new chosen profession.
It was very much worth all of the early mornings,
the late night planning,
the whining kids
and the ton of paperwork.
The part I love the most is when my kids become big 7th graders next year, but still stop by my room in the morning for a hug or give me a smile and a wave in the hallway. :)

My first year was a great year.

Hoping for many more!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your first year! My last day of post planning was today and I'm so happy my summer can begin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're a pretty good teacher! Congratulations on making it through and doing such a fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete