2.02.2011

Happy Groundhog Day!

I am the type of person who remembers (and gets just a little excited) each year that Feb. 2 is Groundhog Day! Don't know why... I guess any day that has a theme attached to it is just more fun than your average run of the mill day. I'm sad to say that I have not seen one second of news coverage regarding our dear friend Phil today, however. This blizzard has totally been hogging all the news! Oh and it's college signing day.... boring! Anyway, so in case you need your Groundhog fix I am happy to report that Punxsutawney Phil woke up this morning and did not see his shadow!!!
Yay! An early spring for all! Err...or maybe not, not looking so likely as I sit here for the second day in a row snowed in. My life is starting to resemble Bill Murray's version of Groundhog Day. I wake up, find out I am snowed in and there is no school and then I eat, sleep, watch tv, repeat... I'm starting to get a little restless and am slightly ready (am I really saying this?) to go back to school and get back in the swing of things! Craziness. Anyway, hope that your G-day is going just swell!

1 comment:

  1. i really hope this means we get an early spring!! i'm so ready for it!

    i always remember ground hog day as well, it was my grandpa's birthday. makes me think of him and my childhood :)

    ReplyDelete