12.12.2010

Dashing through December

Oh my stars! Christmas is less than TWO weeks away!?!? Where did the time go? This little elf really needs to get it in gear if I'm going to make this a December to remember...

Here's what has been keeping me busy so far this month...

A fun holiday weekend out on the town with friends:
Winning 3rd Place in the Door Decorating contest at school!!!
We drew "Deck the Halls" as the theme for our door! :) I thought the roaring fire and the stockings hung by the chimney (with care) were a nice touch! ;) Here are some of Santa's little helpers (my 4th period class):
This weekend we attended Mason's company Christmas party at the Gaylord Texan Hotel and got to go to the Charlie Brown ICE exhibit!
The entire exhibit is carved out of ice and they give everyone stylish parkas to wear to keep warm - since the average temperature is about 8 degrees!!! Burrr!
They also have ice slides! Here is Mason going down one!
I have also been doing a little holiday shopping here and there at the malls mainly (gasp!). If you know me you know I HATE going to the mall during Christmas, especially on Saturdays, but since I don't have time during the week, I have had to bite the bullet and just go for it. Surprisingly it has not been as awful as I had imagined. Here is a pic of my sister Claire and I before journeying out to the Galleria yesterday.
As you can see there has been plenty keeping me busy this month! Only one more week left at school until I have two weeks off for Christmas break... hallelujah!

And the thing that is really helping me pass the time.....

... visions of sparkly diamonds dancing in my head! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been pretty busy! And lucky you to have 2 weeks off, enjoy them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right...this month is flying by! Looks like you've been have fun though :)

    Love your door and that ice exhibit is so neat!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The door came out so cute. I did all my door and wall adorable before I left school...I wasn't leaving there without some impressive wall decor. I can't stand their new teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled across your blog and it's really cute! I am also a Delta Gamma but went to A&M :) my sister in law was the president of DG though so I bet you know her! love your blog and I can't wait to read through it more!

    ReplyDelete